Training Resources for OKED and Research Operations Staff
- The series designated for OKED and Research Operations teams provide information designed to onboard new staff.
- Staff can also find and register for upcoming OKED professional development events on a variety of topics.
OKED Professional Development Resources for RAs
The resources listed here are applicable to any unit administrator or staff member who is responsible for assisting investigators with identifying funding opportunities, proposal development, and/or management of sponsored project funds. RAs include those with an Resarch Advancement job title, as well as those with other ASU job titles.
- The Getting Your Start as an RA series provides information designed to onboard new RAs.
- New RAs should contact email@example.com to be granted access to the Getting Your Start as an RA series.
- RAs can also find and register for upcoming OKED professional development events, including the monthly RA Seminar series.
RA Seminars > Professional Development
- Building the Future
- Crossing Boundaries
- Yes! You’re Right! Now, How Are You Going to Solve the Problem?
- You’re in Charge of Yourself
RA Seminars > Technical Knowledge
- Additional Funds for a Sponsored Project: How to Process an Award Modification or Renewal
- All Things F&A – Facilities and Administrative Rates, Expenses, and RID/IIA
- Allowability: Making Appropriate Decisions on ASU’s Sponsored Projects (Part 1 of 3)
- Allowability: Making Appropriate Decisions on ASU’s Sponsored Projects (Part 2 of 3)
- Allowability: Making Appropriate Decisions on ASU’s Sponsored Projects (Part 3 of 3)
- ASU Core Facilities
- ASU Issued Subawards
- ASU Library Resources & Support for Sponsored Projects
- Best Practices for Audit Readiness
- Challenging Conversation with Investigators
- Compliance at ASU - Part 1
- Compliance at ASU - Part 2
- Contract Negotiations 101
- Contract Type and its Impact on Proposal Preparation
- Cost Sharing: The Life and Death of Cost Sharing
- Cost Sharing: Advanced Topics in Cost Sharing
- Cost Sharing: The Total Package
- Cost Transfers
- Demystifying the Limited Submissions Process
- ERA to WD Award Integration Overview
- NCURA: Federal Rules & Regulations Workshop
- NCURA: Financial Compliance: Cost Transfers: Minimizing the Need, Monitoring the Process and Managing the Risk
- F&A - Beyond the Basics, (Plus: Sneak Peak of Grants.gov Workspace Feature)
- How to Prepare to Receive an Award
- Identifying Grant Revenue & Sponsor Payments
- International Operations, Proposal Phase through Project Execution
- Introduction to After-the-Fact Review Reports
- Navigating Post-Award Systems – How Do I Find the Information I Need?
- NCURA: NIH Fundamentals
- Open House with AMT
- Organizational Conflicts of Interests – What are They and What to do with Them?
- Overview of Research Development and the Proposal Manager Role
- Principal Investigator Reports Dashboard Demo & Q&A
- Procurement: An Overview of ASU’s Purchasing Processes and Policies
- RA Post-award Basics Series: Your Award is Here! Now What?
- Record Retention, Sponsored Project Monitoring and the Impact on Audits (No Video, Slides Only)
- SRA: Research Administration: Everything You Should Know
- Strategies for Helping Researchers Find Funding Opportunities
- Subaward Contracts and Invoices in Workday
- The Basics of the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Tier II and Tier III Proposals, Panel Discussion
- Uniform Guidance for Federal Procurements
Other Professional Development Resources for RAs
- ASU Professional Development resources
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- MAXIMUS Higher Education
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI)
- National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP)
- Association for Proposal Managers (APMP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Certification Opportunities
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) workshops qualify for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) offers 3 designations: Certified Research Administrator (CRA); Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator (CPRA); and Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA).
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) offers 12 certificates in research administration.
Resources for RAs to share with Investigators
OKED Research Academy
- The How to Get Research Funding series provides researchers with grantsmanship instructions, tips, information, and resources designed to help streamline grant writing. There researchers can find step-by-step modules on
- identifying and analyzing potential sponsors
- searching for funding
- writing their grant proposals
• Access How to Get Research Funding
- The site also provides access to professional development events that are available exclusively to ASU researchers.