This work instruction consists of the following sections:
1. GCO will verify whether or not proposal has been completely reviewed by PNT or OIRC GCO, through one of two ways:
1.1. Access the report Proposals Submitted with No Review and search by FP Number in the Find field. If nothing is found, the proposal is fully reviewed.
1.2. Click in the History section of the ERA Workspace. Check for complete review:
1.3. If proposal is marked “No Review” or “Partial Review,” run action to let PNT or OIRC GCO know, then continue.
2. Once verification has been completed, the GCO has options to move forward with the agreement which are described in the next section.
1. GCO or Student Worker will gather all the relevant verification items and confirm the state is “Verification”.
2. The Student Worker will complete the verification process in accordance with Subawards Verification Job Aid and “Reassign” the Subaward task to a GCO to proceed with the Subaward negotiation.
3. Following GCO assignment the task will appear in the assigned GCO’s ERA “My Home” page within ERA Agreements. The state will be “Verification.”
4. The state will remain as “Verification” until the GCO has received all required subaward documents as identified in the subaward checklist and ready to draft the Subaward Agreement.
5. Once verification has been completed, the GCO has options to move forward with the agreement which are described in the next section.
1. Before any negotiation begins, a decision or multiple decisions will need to be made on the best method to reach a deal that is mutually satisfactorily acceptable for the parties. For these decisions, the GCO has their colleagues as well as the following guidance: Pre-Award Negotiation Job Aid, Contract Negotiation Guidance, FAR Tool and other job aids based on the agreement type, see related content.
2. The process of negotiation includes the following states:
2.2. With Internal Parties
2.3. With External Parties
2.6. Task Completed
2.8. Signature Process
The states of Task Completed, Executed/Awarded and Signature Process are included in the negotiation process and the detail steps on when to run these states are in “EXECUTE & DISTRIBUTE”.
3. Each one of the above states has been defined within ERA Agreements and the GCO can move from state to state by running the activities identified in ERA Agreements. An example is changes the state to .
4. In the majority of the ERA states, the GCO has the ability to run the following activities & actions. These activities & actions have been defined within ERA Agreements on when and how they should be used.
5. At all points during the negotiation of an agreement if the Sponsor or Subrecipient’s terms and conditions are different than what the university can accept, GCO will proceed to BUSINESS DECISIONS.
6. If an agreement or subaward has been reached with the Sponsor or Subrecipient and no business decision is needed, the GCO will proceed to “EXECUTE & DISTRIBUTE”.
1. At any point during the review and negotiation of an agreement or subaward, if there are terms and conditions that are unacceptable to Arizona State University in which the GCO anticipates or has been unsuccessful in negotiating, Pre-Award management or other ASU internal parties may be contacted for possible ways to work around those concerns and the business risk they pose before the process of negotiation proceeds or continues.
2. Any non-standard terms accepted or business decision(s) made will be captured within the Negotiation Information Smart Form notes/comments sections 6.0 and 7.0.
3. For additional guidance, please see the Business Decisions Matrix Tool.