This work instruction contains the following sections:
PROPOSALS SUBMITTED THROUGH ERA
When notices regarding a proposal not being funded are received by the RA or PI, the RA will run the ERA activity “NOTIFY PNT”, attaching a copy of the letter of declination. Where the applicant on a charitable grant was ASUF, the RA will also send an e-mail notification to the ASUF OCFR mailbox. In the event that the notice was received verbally and no written notice is available to attach, the RA should so note when notifying PNT and ASUF (where applicable).
In those cases where the applicant organization was ASUF and the notice is received from PNT, the RA will forward notification via e-mail to ASUF OFCR.
1. Pre-Award GCO will notify the RA and PI (if they haven't already been notified) of the not funded proposal.
2. Pre-Award GCO will forward any not funded notifications to the PNT mailbox with identifying information (proposal #, PI name, etc.) within 5 business days.
3. Pre-Award Mailbox will follow the directions in the PNT Mailbox Instructions Job Aid.
Proposals submitted through ERA: ERA Automatic CLoseout Process
This automatic process will help us maintain the older pending proposals within the ERA system in a more organized manner.
- On the first of each month, proposals that were submitted over 18 months ago and are in a state of “Submitted”
- Pending Sponsor Acceptance”, “Award Anticipated” or “Pre-Proposal: Pending Sponsor Acceptance” will be automatically moved to the state “Sponsored Denied”