Provide guidance to units on:
- Sending award agreements to PNT or OIRC for negotiation and signature
- Requesting a Pre-Award At-Risk Account
- Processing Award Modifications
- Making requests for Post-Award changes
Request to Negotiate and Execute Award Agreement
When a unit RA receives an award agreement that requires negotiation and signature by PNT or OIRC, the RA will send the draft agreement to PNT/OIRC by using one of the three following methods (1, 2, or 3):
- PNT/OIRC will create an ERA Agreements Task
2. Use the Notify PNT activity within the ERA funding proposal site to send a copy of the agreement to the Proposal GCO
- The Proposal GCO will create an ERA Agreements Task
3. Create a Task Request in ERA Agreements
Note: For Charitable Grants where the ASU Foundation (ASUF) is the grantee institution, follow the Working with ASUF Post-Submission/Post-Award instructions.
Request for Pre-Award At-Risk Account
Projects that require an account prior to an award may request a pre-award at risk account, via ERA, for time and funding to begin work in a timely manner. Such requests should only be made when the PI has been assured that an award is coming, preferably in writing. To initiate an at-risk request, the unit will need to:
1. Complete ASU At-Risk Request Form following the instructions included within the form.
2. Secure PI Authorization. The PI can provide the approval for the request by providing a digital or physical signature on the ASU At-Risk Request Form.
3. Verify Award Status. Requests must include backup documentation showing the sponsor’s intent to fund. Use the At-Risk Documentation Matrix included in the ASU At-Risk Request Form to determine appropriate support documentation for your request.
4. Submit Request in ERA. Pre-Award At-Risk Requests should be submitted in ERA using the following process:
4.1 Log in to ERA with ASURITE and password.
4.2 Locate the Funding Proposal (FPXXXXXXXX) for which you want to submit an at-risk request.
4.3 From the Funding Proposal site, select the action to open a new window.
4.4 In the new window, complete the fields as follows:
- Send Notifications To: Select GCO Reviewer (Proposals)
- Indicate the Required Document Review: Select Other
- Enter Review Comments: Indicate this is a request for an at-risk and include any relevant information not captured in the required attachments.
4.5 Attach the following documents as a single PDF:
- Complete ASU At-Risk Request Form
- Agreement Verification Documentation
4.6 Hit OK to submit.
NOTE: to be able to execute the Notify PNT action for a particular Funding Proposal in ERA, the user must: 1) Have the RA role in ERA; and 2) be the RA owner for the Funding Proposal site. Please see Systems Access page for more information.
Routing of Notices of New Award or Award Modification
At times, a sponsor will send the Notice of Award (NOA) or Award Modifications directly to the PI or RA. If an award modification is received that provides additional funding, refer to the Additional Funds for a Sponsored Project page to determine if a new Revision or Renewal funding proposal (FP) is needed. For new awards and for award modifications that do not include new money where ASU-ORSPA will be the direct grantee, the NOA or Award Modification should be sent to email@example.com with the proposal number, account number or ERA Award Number. Where ASUF will be the grantee, the notice should be sent to OCFRgrants@asu.edu (See Working with ASUF > Post-Submission/Post-Award).
Request for Post-Award Changes
The ORSPA Action Form (OAF) should be completed when submitting award change requests to AMT. When completed, the OAF should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments in the email must follow established "Award Folder Structure and Naming Conventions".
General inquiries regarding account setup tasks should be sent to email@example.com and should contain the following information so AMT can properly respond in a timely manner.
- Proposal number, account number or ERA award number
- Detailed explanation of issue