This work instruction contains the following sections:
This process is completed within the first three business days of the month by the AMT Student Supervisor.
Obtain list of accounts needing pre-final
1. Login to iAwards and select the “Award List Tab.”
2. Filter out the following:
- Status: Closed
- Account Type: Award Clearing, Cost Share - State (these will always stay on "Hold" status in Coeus)
3. Copy and save to a new Excel workbook. Using Excel’s “Convert Text to Columns,” convert Accountant and Principal Investigator fields to “First Name Last Name” format.
4. Insert a new column to the far left labeled “Type.”
- Sort by "Prime Sponsor Type" and label all records with "Federal" as "FedPrime" in the "Type" column.
- Sort by “Active Subawards" and label all records with “1” as “Sub” in the “Type” column. (Some FedPrime will be overwritten - that is ok).
- Sort by “Type” column and label all other records as “Standard.”
- Delete all “Standard” and “FedPrime” records with Obligated End-Dates after today.
- Delete all “Sub” records with Obligated End-Dates more than one month into the future.
- Use the "Parent" field (root Coeus number) to populate any blank "Account" field. Ensure leading zeros are present.
5. Download the AMT Task List into a spreadsheet and delete all records except those with a Closeout, Subaward Closeout, or Fiscal Reconciliation status. Via vlookup, identify and remove all records that already have a task.
6. Using the scrubbed data, complete the necessary fields in the “AMT Task Upload Form.”
- Task Type
- “Standard/FedPrime” records: Fiscal Reconciliation
- “Sub” records: Subaward Closeout
- Task Due Date
- “Sub” records: Equal to the Obligated End Date
- “FedPrime” records: Equal to 30 days after the Obligated End Date
- “Standard” records: Equal to 60 days after the Obligated End Date
- Open the AMT Task List in the “Edit in Datasheet” view and copy and past records from the “Upload” form into the AMT Task List.
- Save upload form to ACCTG/Work Schedule/PRE FINALS, with the title “Pre-Final List mmddyyyy.”
7. Open the AMT Task List in the “Edit in Datasheet” view and copy and paste records from the “Upload” form into the AMT Task List.
8. Save upload form to ACCTG/Work Schedule/PRE FINALS, with the title “Pre-Final List mmddyyyy.”
AMT GCO reviews pre-final tasks in queue and updates per the below.
1. Review account and determine when the final fiscal workschedule item is due. Update the task due date as needed to 30 days before the due date.
2. Perform the following Preparation steps, as outlined in the Fiscal Reconciliation Job Aid
- Check Coeus, Sharepoint, Advantage, and Agreement
- Update Coeus Account
- PDF package of initial backup documentation
3. Complete the Expense & Encumbrance Review as outlined in the Fiscal Reconciliation Job Aid
- Review post-term expenses
- Review 400-W report for any questionable expense categories
- Review cost-share requirements, if any
4. Contact department as outlined in the Fiscal Reconciliation Job Aid
- Final Expenses
- Questionable expenses
- Any unmet cost share
5. Work with department to complete cleanup/documentation gathering and prepare F&A reconciliation and Interim LOC draw (as required), 30 days before final fiscal workschedule item as outlined in the Fiscal Reconciliation Job Aid.
INTERIM LOC DRAWS
1. Verify account is an LOC draw account by opening account in Coeus and viewing the payment method on the Other Header tab. Move forward if it is an LOC draw account.
2. In the AMT Task List, enter the account expense amount as determined using the F&A reconciliation and request LOC draw.
- As this is the interim phase, request can include documented anticipated expenses.
- Once all needed documentation is received and the account is ready for final financial reporting, change task status to “Closeout – GCO.”
1. See WI-MS-110 Manage Subawards: Termination and Closeout of Subawards if not already completed for subawards that are closing.
- For subawards that are not closing and there is already an account modification task in progress, update Subaward Closeout notes and change task follow-up date to the future to confirm that the subaward has been extended. Delete task once the subaward account has been extended.