Memberships and Subscriptions
On eligible projects, for memberships and subscriptions to qualify for a CAS exception both of the following statements must be true:
- The scope of work/research makes these items necessary to meet the project objectives.
- The membership or subscription will be used exclusively for this project.
If only one of these statements is true, then the expenditure does not qualify for a CAS exception.
If both of these statements are true, then a CAS exception may be allowable.
The budget justification must include all of the following:
- A detailed justification of what the purpose of the membership or subscription is.
- An explanation as to why the membership or subscription requested is necessary to meet the project objectives.
- Affirmation that the membership or subscription will be used solely for this specific project.
- Any additional information that would strengthen the budget justification and further explain the unusual need or unlike circumstances for the membership or subscription.